AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can see the X1 ,in action, in the Atlanta area? Or better than that... is there anyone in the Atlanta area that has an X1 setup that I could view???

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am in the same boat. The only thing I have found in the Atlanta area under $5k that can be demoed is the Sharp Vision. I would really be interested in seeing some of the entry level projectors everyone raves about on here ie X1, Z1, 300, etc...

·
Registered
17 Posts
You might try AV Partners in Norcross. They have a website by same name and were trying to sell me an X-1 as a better choice than the Pan 300. Their pricing is good in general for those I'm inclined toward -- HS-10 and Pan 300. They have a demo room also, but I doubt that anything is calibrated.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yeah.. I went to demo the X1 and Z1 at the AVP in Norcross. You should call up to see if they will have a demo. They primarily sell to business.

As for the room that they demo in, it is rather small, something like 11'x11'. So keep in mind that as hard as you try not to see "screendoor" with the Z1, you will.

The last time that I checked, they only had the X1 and Z1 to demo. They didn't have the LT240/260, 300u, HS10 or any other sub-5k projectors.

I would say call to make sure. Hope that helps.

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
I am surprised no one has suggested buying the X1 frmo Best Buy and if you are not satisfied with it returning it according to BB's return policy. I had hoped AVP had the HT1000 for demo, but they sold their demo although they claimed continue to sell it--to sight unseen buyers.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Did you guys ever find an X1 in Atlanta? I've had one since December when I bought it for $1600 instead of the crazy prices I'm now seeing.

jeff

·
Registered
374 Posts
They are at a few places in Atlanta.

Best Buy

AVP in Norcross

I am sure WanMan knows of the other places. WanMan?

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Dark, I have not actively sought the X1. I only knew that since its sold at BB and has a zero restocking fee that I could buy it for a week for in-home demo and be done with it. Unfortunately, I am considering more robust solutions for my current needs.

I am sure the manufacturer has this information on their website, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.