AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I NEVER have problems with CBS, 93-100 signal. Getting a lot of freezing & pixelating in the beginning, yet my signal stays at 93. Anyone else? Is this a station issue?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've had the same problem all day on 19-01 except mine even loses the signal about every 5 minutes. My signal strength is about 80% steady. The audio is also horribly choppy. Spent $6K so I could watch the Superbowl in HD and if reception stays this bad I'll have to go back to S-Video and watch the game over the satellite local (with its horrible compression).

I wondered if it was a receiver issue so I did a hard reboot of my Dish 811. Right now the digital signal is lost more than it stays connected. This really stinks. :mad:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Same thing here. Only SD now. WGCL has dropped the ball once again.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, it's OBVIOUSLY a station problem... the HD channels is now in SD. They are going to catch SO much hell for this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can't believe I'm stuck with this lousy SD feed. I could be watching it in full HD on channel 80 if WGCL would have given permission to DirecTV. I see about 20 other large market stations agreed to it. Instead they're giving us this crappy SD feed. That's better than no picture (it was completely dark when i flipped over at about 6PM) I suppose, but barely.

FWIW I'm not getting any audio glitches or any other reception problems for the moment. I wasted about 30 minutes in the attic tweaking my antenna this AM to make sure we wouldn't have any problems. for some reason every few weeks/months I have to go up and readjust the antenna, because eventually I get dropouts and other annoying issues.

GRR....

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just called the station (Channel 46) and could only get through to the "breaking news" hot line. They said it is a problem in New York and they are working on it. I was watching the pre-game all afternoon and it was great. I came back down stairs at 6:30 to watch the kickoff and all I have is standard definition crap! I cannot begin to tell you how upset I am!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi-Def returned very briefly at 6:55. Back to SD again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I looked away from the set for a second, then heard the audio click off. I looked up and saw an HD image, but no audio. That lasted another 10 seconds or so and then flipped back to SD with audio. Jeeez.... of all the freaking times to BLOW a broadcast...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Plenty of people calling in ATL (404.325.4646). Engineers are currently blaming the feed from NY. Go ahead and place a call. This is unacceptable.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Same here. Getting no HD at all. Every now and then it flicks over for a few seconds with no audio then goes back to SD.

My brother in law came over to watch his first ever Football game in HD.....

This is extremely dissapointing.

Bill

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vivid
anyone called CBS?
I called and they said it was network and they were resetting the equipment. The # is 404.325.4646 Call them.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I called CBS, said I had some breaking news.

"CBS blows the biggest 4 hours of the year"

The guy on the other side said

"I know"

·
Registered
44 Posts
Care to tell the network WGCL is blaming them:

CBS Television Network

51 West 52nd Street

New York, NY 10019

Main Number:

(212) 975-4321