AVS Forum banner
4,321 - 4,340 of 4,622 Posts
Yes, wineguard I think.. I've since returned it.

If u go on the antenna forums a lot of folks will say clearstream is overpriced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting. I’ve had good success with their antennas. Being about 25-30 miles from the towers, I got about 45 channels using their Eclipse flat antenna with no amplification and with the v2 in the attic using their Juice pre-amp, like I mentioned earlier, I’m getting 91 channels including the 16 channels.

Interesting. I’ve had good success with their antennas. Being about 25-30 miles from the towers, I got about 45 channels using their Eclipse flat antenna with no amplification and with the v2 in the attic using their Juice pre-amp, like I mentioned earlier, I’m getting 91 channels including the 16 channels.
yeah I think you're in the sweet spot for distance. I'm max 16 miles. I think the flat antenna is better for shorter distance and multidirectional - as I was having trouble getting the 14s in Rome while getting downtown channels when using CS.

Crazy that I can't get the 16s to come in clearly (signal quality in hi 40s).. it's right downtown with everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WPXA-14 (rf 16) has their tower in Cherokee County, well East of Rome. Ar one time when it was WTLK-14, their tower and studio was next to Whitewater Marietta. In their early years, their stuff was near Rome.

WPXA-14 (rf 16) has their tower in Cherokee County, well East of Rome. Ar one time when it was WTLK-14, their tower and studio was next to Whitewater Marietta. In their early years, their stuff was near Rome.
Ok I see the tower is on bear mountain.. I was just going off of the tag on the bottom of the tv. Still is plenty far from me in Gwinnett.

Hi guys, need your help and advice.
I have Xfinity internet, no cable. My router is in a room with only one incoming coax. My OTA antenna is routed to the other rooms for tv in my closet which contains the main Xfinity feed for internet which of course only goes to the room with the router. The other feeds are connected to the antenna.
Basically, I want the room with the router to also have access to the antenna feed.
Is there a way to feed both to that room on one cable? Maybe a diplexer to split the signals, one to the router, the other to my HDHomerun which can then run with a direct connection to my router.
The reason is I am have problems with the HDHomerun signal , and I have used both a WiFi extender and a Powerline transmitter. They both have intermittent signal loss/pixelation. When I connect the tv directly to the antenna I have no issues. I have tested this many times and same results.
When I start to see pixelation, I check the antenna signal on my phone to very signal, then I immediately change the tv input to antenna. Antenna plays solid. No pixelation. Tested numerous times.
The HDHomerun is designed to run off an Ethernet connection, and has hiccups with any substitute such as a Powerline adaptor or a WiFi extender.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Len

Hi guys, need your help and advice.
I have Xfinity internet, no cable. My router is in a room with only one incoming coax. My OTA antenna is routed to the other rooms for tv in my closet which contains the main Xfinity feed for internet which of course only goes to the room with the router. The other feeds are connected to the antenna.
Basically, I want the room with the router to also have access to the antenna feed.
Is there a way to feed both to that room on one cable? Maybe a diplexer to split the signals, one to the router, the other to my HDHomerun which can then run with a direct connection to my router.
The reason is I am have problems with the HDHomerun signal , and I have used both a WiFi extender and a Powerline transmitter. They both have intermittent signal loss/pixelation. When I connect the tv directly to the antenna I have no issues. I have tested this many times and same results.
When I start to see pixelation, I check the antenna signal on my phone to very signal, then I immediately change the tv input to antenna. Antenna plays solid. No pixelation. Tested numerous times.
The HDHomerun is designed to run off an Ethernet connection, and has hiccups with any substitute such as a Powerline adaptor or a WiFi extender.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Len
You need to find where all of the coax cables meet in your house - mine had like a four port hub that the cable feed connected to thus allowing any coax outlet to be used with the cable modem. Then take the house cable feed directly into your modem and switch the coax hub to connect your antenna instead of internet.

OR get an actual mesh system - most mesh systems have ethernet ports in their extenders.

OR get a really long coax cable going from antenna to hdhomerun, but that would look pretty messy.

In my prior setup (xfinity, hdhomerun and antenna) - My antenna was setup in my attic but I had a coax cable running to a guest bedroom, the bedroom line and all the other lines met in the basement which is also where the cable feed was as well - so I just setup the modem/router/hdhomerun all in the basement and connected the hdhomerun to the line that went back up to the guest bedroom.

That isn't an accurate test, as the hdhomerun is splitting the signal for all the tuners it has, whereas the tv is not, so the tv will get a better signal. Have you gone to your homerun IP on a web browser and checked the tuner status from there? Is signal good or weak? You may have too many splits on the antenna before the homerun. You'd need to reduce splits or try an amplified (powered) splitter to boost the signal.

Questions regarding WSB OTA channels:

Hi,

I am located in NE GA and could receive the 2-7 "46LD" channel earlier in the year. (I had to go this route after WSB was no longer on dish.) Unfortunately the 46LD channels seem to have disappeared for quite some time now. I also cannot tune in the "31LD" channels (2-5, 2-6, 2-7), even though great signal reception (see attached pictures). I have tried three different types of Tivo boxes and none of them show a picture, even though all show good signal. (premiere, bolt, and the brand new edge)

Note: I can successfully tune in ALL of the other major Atlanta OTA channels. I am quite certain I do not have any technical issues on my end.

Are there any known issues with WSB OTA channels? Can anyone respond if they're able to tune in 2-5?

Happy to help in any way I can. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards...

(edit: pictures deleted)

Channel 46 is now used by cell companies. Channel 31 is now used by WPCH. At present, the only WSB signal is channel 32 from Atlanta.

- Trip

Reactions: samchitwood
Questions regarding WSB OTA channels:

Hi,

I am located in NE GA and could receive the 2-7 "46LD" channel earlier in the year. (I had to go this route after WSB was no longer on dish.) Unfortunately the 46LD channels seem to have disappeared for quite some time now. I also cannot tune in the "31LD" channels (2-5, 2-6, 2-7), even though great signal reception (see attached pictures). I have tried three different types of Tivo boxes and none of them show a picture, even though all show good signal. (premiere, bolt, and the brand new edge)
I am in Athens and have the same issue with WSB, in my case due to the shadow cast by Stone Mountain over the area. As Trip noted, the translators originally on RF 46 & 31 all went off the air as part of the repack, so only RF32 from downtown Atlanta tower remains. In the past, I have exchanged some emails with the station engineer, who indicated there may eventually be a single frequency network (SFN) set up using the original translator locations, all on RF32, which might help to fill in the spotty areas. But the timeline for that is to be determined. I imagine it must be extremely tricky to set up a SFN to make sure the interference pattern doesn't disrupt the existing coverage areas, though. All that said, I am assuming you have done a channel rescan to make sure all of the OTA Tivo boxes are looking for WSB on the new RF32 location.

... I am assuming you have done a channel rescan to make sure all of the OTA Tivo boxes are looking for WSB on the new RF32 location.
Thanks to you guys for responding. I have been a tivo user for over a decade, so yes, I've tried every trick I know of to rescan., etc., etc.

Looks like I've just become a CBS viewer now. Their weather forecast is easy to watch anyway...

I'm in the Douglasville area and will be replacing my ATSC1.0 tuner with a 3.0 tuner tomorrow. Anything 3.0 related available at this time?
Following.

What ATSC 3 tuner did you get?

HDHomeRun HDHR5-4K Connect i'm replacing an HDHomeRun Extend.
Where does one get the schedule for ATSC rollout in ATL area? I see some sites that said 2020, which has past...

4,321 - 4,340 of 4,622 Posts