AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having problems picking up WTBS new digital channel? I live in north Georgia and my brother lives in Roswell area but neither one of use can get WTBS. I can pick up all the other local digital stations. Already have a rooftop antenna with Channel Master preamp and rotor. Using Toshiba DST3000 STB. I am only getting a signal strength of around 15 for channel 20. Have also tried to manually tune in 17.1 and 20 but no luck. Any ideas?

·
Registered
780 Posts
In Canton GA, channel 20 and 25 are a steady 94 and 88 signal to noise ratio with my RCA DTC 100's. These two channels have been on and off the air the last few days, but when they are up, the signal is strong. The new channel 51 can be a bit iffy for me. Strong reading of 81, but the occasional drop out. Someone posted that the transmission tower for 51 is located in the Canton area with the lat. and long locations. I have not yet bothered to investigate and tweak 51.

·
Premium Member
Sony XBR-65A1E, Denon 3400, B&W
965 Posts
Both WTBS and WATL are still in the testing phase so they aren't up 24/7 quite yet. My DTC100 often requires a rescan to find channels that are on and off the air, especially if there are changes in the PSIP info. Try rescanning to see if they reappear. Both are currently broadcasting this afternoon as of this post.

Btw, UPN should be on the air within the next couple weeks, barring any unforeseen delays. Their digital channel will be 43-1. They plan to upconvert to 1080i with some high definition programming in the fall from the UPN network.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am in the Jasper area, picking up 51 with a 100 signal strength. Tried doing a rescan but did not work. Does anyone know if WTBS is transmitting at full strength?

·
Premium Member
Sony XBR-65A1E, Denon 3400, B&W
965 Posts
Chaz,

Joe Carey, Transmitter Supervisor at WTBS, posted yesterday on the ahdtv Yahoo group that they are running at reduced power. At full power, you may have much better results.

FYI, the Yahoo group is fine for local info only. For everything else to do with H/DTV, I'd encourage you to visit the AVS forum regularly. We have members from the major networks, the CE manufacturers, cable, satellite and from those involved in the creative process. You might also want to subscribe to the HDTV Magazine .

Linda

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.