AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I looked around but couldnt find much info on this Subwoofer unit. I have the chance to buy a used AT 262 PBM 12in 150 watt sub. The owner said its barly used due to lack of space in his room so it has been stored in his closet. He was selling it for $100 but I cant find any info on this sub and I never heard of the brand till today, I figured it was a Prosumer brand. Would it go well with my current setup

Yamaha HTR-5640

JBL Venue Stages(fronts)

JBL Venue Voice (Center)

Polk M10 bookshelf speakers (Rears)

Belkin PUREAV Isolator plug

Sony 8in 100 watt sub. to be replaced...

Ideas, opinions?

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
The very first subwoofer I ever installed was an Atlantic Technology 170 PBM. Atlantic Technology speakers/subs are sold and installed through custom installers. The sub you are looking at is from 1997 and has a frequency response of 35-125 Hz. This isn't very low by today's standards. manual at AT's website.

If you really want some deeper bass, I would suggest you save your money and put it toward one of Elemental Designs cheaper subs. However, if you only have $100 to spend, then you will have a hard time finding something at that price better than this sub.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I kind of want a sub thats a lil bigger than the 8in I have now, maybe a 10incher. I think I have a pretty decent setup, but I feel that the sub is the only thing lacking(Sony SAW250). Cant really find anything thats overly expensive and doesnt require me to buy online.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts