AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent heard to much about Atlantic technology in fact I never heard of them untill i was offered a deal for this subwoofer. For 441 shipped do you think the Atlantic Technology 642e SB is worth the price? Its brand new and his an authorized dealer so it comes with warranty.

·
Registered
8,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolhandfredsco /forum/post/15538864

I havent heard to much about Atlantic technology in fact I never heard of them untill i was offered a deal for this subwoofer. For 441 shipped do you think the Atlantic Technology 642e SB is worth the price? Its brand new and his an authorized dealer so it comes with warranty.

Regardless of the list price you would be getting just about what you would be paying for. Here are test results:

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/spe...-speakers.html

"While the system has moderate overall dynamic capability, the sound pressure capability is evenly distributed, and the 642e SB will deliver 103 db SPL or greaater at any frequency above 25 Hz."

If I were you I would save up another $150 and get this:

http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-cyl-pc12_nsd.cfm

The SVS will play both deeper and louder.

If you must keep the price at ~$500 delivered, this should serve you well:

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_...33d3c2aa3faafb

add the matte finish $35, for a delivered total of $505. This one will also play deeper and louder.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the svs wont be at 500 thought I live in Califonia so shipping would be 100 so it would actually like 600 though. thanks for your reply

·
Registered
8,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolhandfredsco /forum/post/15542946

the svs wont be at 500 thought I live in Califonia so shipping would be 100 so it would actually like 600 though. thanks for your reply

OK

So the Ed at $510 delivered will player much deeper and louder than the Atlantic Tech, and the $69 difference between the Ed and the Atlantic Technology sub is well worth the difference.

There is a reason you don't see people talking about Atlantic Tech subs here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah Im really on a tight budget and I forgot to mention an important factor Im going to put this sub in my very very little room it measures an estimate of 10ft wide 10ftlong and 8ft height. I hope the atlantic could shake my room I currently have a velodyne vrp 1200 and it does a mediocre job as for bass excursion. I would go for the sub you reccomended but I would have to put in my big living room because of the size of the edsub and there no ac/heater and my 50" inch lcd screen is messed up.

thanks for the reccomendation I know your trying to help, but you said "how many people talk about the Atlantic subwoofer in this AVS forum" well consider that I'm paying less than half of msrp.

·
Registered
8,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolhandfredsco /forum/post/15548792

yeah Im really on a tight budget and I forgot to mention an important factor Im going to put this sub in my very very little room it measures an estimate of 10ft wide 10ftlong and 8ft height. I hope the atlantic could shake my room I currently have a velodyne vrp 1200 and it does a mediocre job as for bass excursion. I would go for the sub you reccomended but I would have to put in my big living room because of the size of the edsub and there no ac/heater and my 50" inch lcd screen is messed up.

thanks for the reccomendation I know your trying to help, but you said "how many people talk about the Atlantic subwoofer in this AVS forum" well consider that I'm paying less than half of msrp.

Based on the review by Ed Mullen, (who now works for SVS), the 642e looks good for your small room.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kool, yeah the size in my room is considered an overkill for the Atlantic according to the room size rating chart so this should this sub should just satisfy my bass needs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
o four show
I wont explain in technical a/v jargon (because Im a audio noob and btw I wish I could) but I'll definitely try to a good comparison and you guys good be the judge on how good I explain it. I'm pretty sure the atlantic 642e sub will out perform it in evey way possible but I'll fill you in on the details a week or two after I get it that way I could have time to test the sub out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts