AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm helping a friend put together a theater and he is interested in coupling Atlantic Technology's System 270 THX with a Denon 3803 receiver. His room is 21' deep by 15' wide and the ceilings are 7.5' high.

Does anyone have any experience with this system or better yet the combination of the Denon and the System 270?

Thanks in advance.

Bomber

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are there any AT users out there that care to respond?

Thanks,

Bomber

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bomber,

My father uses the same set-up, in a similar size room. The L, C, R are fantastic, the dipole surrounds are good. It was tricky to position the surrounds for optimum performance. It ended up about 6 inches behind the prime seat. He uses the stands, but I would recommend trying to place them slightly above ear level and see how you like that. Also, added a pair in the back for 7.1.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
I have sold this system along with the Denon 3803 receiver to one of my clients and he is very happy with it.

Roman

·
Registered
7 Posts
I thought the system 270 was being replaced by the new system 4200 THX. I posted a few weeks ago seeking views on this system but it appears not to have hit the stores yet. I think MSRP is going to be $3500 but would pay to confirm.

I have head good reviews about the 270 and am hoping the 4200 is a step up again. Its arriving in NZ in about 3 weeks from now and aside from the guys setting it up in store I'm planning on being the first to audition.

Cheers

Peter

·
Registered
66 Posts
The 4200 is THX Select certified like the 270. However, it's important to note, the 4200 is a ground up redesign and not "just a replacement" for the 270. In fact, the 4200 utilizes the same tweeter and midrange components from the flagship 8200 THX Ultra2 system.

If you want more details, please visit our website for the owners manual and additional technical information: http://atlantictechnology.com/system_4200.htm

Hope that helps everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.