AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a decent sound system in my HT. Full Ulta 2 powered by Rotel amp plus Danley SP10.
I am going to add ceiling speakers for Atmos. Do I really need to spend the price of the KL-7800 speakers? What about just using Klipsch 2650 or 3650 for 1/3-1/4 the price. Need 4. Please weigh in.

BTW, am I gonna need other speakers when the DTS format arrives? Can the studios support all of these formats?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Your thread made me realize it's been a while since we've heard from Klipsch about Atmos so I did a search for that word and surprisingly only came up with 2 hits, with one of interest to us: http://www.klipsch.com/pressreleases/klipsch-debut-flagship-reference-premiere-speakers

"Klipsch is demonstrating two concept Reference Premiere 5.1 systems at CES—one that supports playback of Dolby Atmos® soundtracks incorporating overhead object bases audio and a second with WiSA™ technology. Dolby Atmos makes sound come alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill the home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth. Klipsch speakers have been preferred by many movie theatre installations supporting Dolby Atmos given their high-efficiency, low distortion and controlled directivity. Klipsch is bringing this ground-breaking achievement and its advanced cinema expertise to the home theater environment."

Which speakers were they using at CES as "Dolby Atmos speakers" for over head usage or effect? I didn't see any labeled as such which could mean several things...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Curious if what you ended up with. Just started shopping for some ceiling speakers in a new home for Atmos with my THX Ultra2s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts