AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, am very new to all this and have a question about my unit, when scrolling through the options for sound output from the receiver should one of them specifically say ATMOS or not, the best I can seem to get is DD Surround, not entirely sure of the quality hierarchy here. I have a 4K Sony DVD player connected and the TV is 4K, the speakers are 5.1.2 with top firing speakers in the front units, maybe I am worrying about nothing but the manual does seem to indicate that ATMOS is one of the options that you are supposed to be able to browse. Screen shots of the info included, thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
Set the Blu-ray player to output bitstream. Set the receiver to "straight" or whatever Onkyo calls it. Play a blu-ray with an Atmos soundtrack.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Set the Blu-ray player to output bitstream. Set the receiver to "straight" or whatever Onkyo calls it. Play a blu-ray with an Atmos soundtrack.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info, I understand about the Blu-Ray player part but what do you mean about "straight" for the receiver please ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts