AVS Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Not necessarily. I just set mine to the "CD" input, then set it to "pure direct" which bypasses all of the old audyssey adjustments, etc. Then set the volume to 0 dB (reference level.) After that, all of the volume adjustment, audyssey corrections, etc. is handled by the x4500h.

Both your 3310 and 1802 have the multichannel analog inputs (labelled "EXT IN" on the back.) Then you would need to set that AVR to the "multi channel in" setting and then "pure direct." But I don't know if the X3700h has a setup that will output the three front channels while running the rest. I think it only supports outputting either the mains or the second height channels.
Thanks again for the help. I was mistaken a while back the other old Denon is not 3310 but the 3313 which doesn't have the EXT IN. The 1802 does have it but I'd rather just use the 3313 since its rated at 125 W/CH whereas the 1802 is only 80 W/CH. I guess I'll just use the 3313 to power the LR front speaker's and let the X3700H handle the remaining 9 ch.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Will be upgrading the front's and using these to power them. Dali Oberon 7 specs listed below. It's a 6 ohm speaker.
Frequency Range (+/-3 dB) [Hz]36 - 26,000
Sensitivity (2,83 V/1 m) [dB]88.5
Nominal Impedance [ohms]6
Maximum SPL [dB]110
Recommended Amplifier Power [W]30 - 180

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Not necessarily. I just set mine to the "CD" input, then set it to "pure direct" which bypasses all of the old audyssey adjustments, etc. Then set the volume to 0 dB (reference level.) After that, all of the volume adjustment, audyssey corrections, etc. is handled by the x4500h.

Both your 3310 and 1802 have the multichannel analog inputs (labelled "EXT IN" on the back.) Then you would need to set that AVR to the "multi channel in" setting and then "pure direct." But I don't know if the X3700h has a setup that will output the three front channels while running the rest. I think it only supports outputting either the mains or the second height channels.
I finally just got my X3700H and used my old AVR as the external power amp for the Front 2 speakers. Question...whenever I turn up at volume on the new AVR I noticed that the old Denon's volume also goes up with it. I remember you said that all the volume adjustments will be handles by the new AVR. Is there something I missed? Or my only option is to block the old AVR's remote sensor?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts