AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an application to aid in troubleshooting an issue with Beyond TV. I'd like to pin down whether the issue is with tuner card (ATSC signal strength) or some software issue. What I need is an alternate application that will let me view live ATSC from the tuner. There is a tool called graphedit that could do this, but I haven't found a good example to set up the filters needed.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Hi there

What OS?

What tuner card?

I've had mixed success with graphedit.

The simplest tuner apps to setup were EasyHDTV (there used to be a free trial) and WatchHDTV.

The video decoder seems to be the most significant piece of the SW puzzle. I can specify a different decoder in WatchHDTV, and then have nothing to view.

A CECB comes in handy also, because they as a group tend to have more sensitive tuners. My Avermedia 180 had problems receiving channel 9.1. When I connected the CECB in place of the A180, the signal was okay but much weaker than all other channels (including 3 other VHF-hi channels). Turns out that I had disconnected the VHF antenna a while back, and was trying to receive VHF on a 4-bay UHF antenna; that is possible sometimes but not with that A180.

Regards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts