AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any luck attaching projector screen material directly to a wall?
I have a wall that currently has a painted screen on it, but I am not the happiest with the performance.
I was thinking instead of repainting I would try something different. I was originally thinking of using thumbtacks, but my plasters walls seem a little too hard for that.
I saw on reddit someone claim to attach their screen with velcro.
What are peoples thought of this?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I suppose you could mark the size you want, staple it to the wall where its flat without wrinkles, then use felt boarder tape over the staples, cut the excess material off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you would suggest staples over some type of adhesive tape or like velcro strips?,
I will order some small staples for my staple gun and see how they go into the plaster

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm really not sure how good of results you are going to be able to get with applying material straight to a wall. Any bump or defect under the material will show on the surface. If you are going to, velcro or something might work, but whatever you use you need to make sure the screen is stretched fairly tight, and I think that's why AplhaPie suggested staples. Personally, I would at least attach some thin boards to the wall, then staple to those, so there is a little bit of space behind the material. That way, you don't have small bumps and stuff poking through and ruining your image.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts