AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Experimenting with my HDR-1 today I discovered that without a doubt, when I clip an external shortwave loop antenna to my FM telescoping antenna, this improves HD reception. The shortwave loop is hanging outside my window. I'm glad I've discovered this and it enjoys my HD enjoyment immensely.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm using a tuned AM loop antenna with my HDR-1 and it works satisfactorily but not as well as a long wire antenna would work. Since the FM stations are distant from me I have to use an outdoor rotary Fm antenna to pick up HD.

Richard

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a jvc hd radio for my truck and the most of the time it can't lock the HD stations because i'm about 60 miles from the station would it be possible for me to put one of these loop antennas on my truck to improve the signal?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish600 /forum/post/0

I bought a jvc hd radio for my truck and the most of the time it can't lock the HD stations because i'm about 60 miles from the station would it be possible for me to put one of these loop antennas on my truck to improve the signal?

I don't think it would work for a truck or a car. Mine is hanging outside of my house.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.