AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual says to lay the screen on the floor viewing side up and then place the frame on top of the screen and snap from below. All of my previous non StudioTek screens laid face down that made it really easy to snap the fabric to the frame. Is there a reason why ST says to do the other way? I'm laying down a new drop cloth on my carpet when putting it together.

·
Registered
951 Posts
The manual says to lay the screen on the floor viewing side up and then place the frame on top of the screen and snap from below. All of my previous non StudioTek screens laid face down that made it really easy to snap the fabric to the frame. Is there a reason why ST says to do the other way? I'm laying down a new drop cloth on my carpet when putting it together.

My guess is Stewart advises this method in order to be extra cautious about protecting the screen coating from any possible damage. I followed their directions with my ST130 G4 and had my wife lift the frame off the floor a couple feet while I went along and snapped the top, then we raised the frame to vertical position and finished all snaps. It worked fine.

Ross

·
Premium Member
673 Posts

Hi Tom,

If you have a brand new drop cloth, then you can roll viewing side down on drop cloth. If there is no drop cloth available, our instructions are viewing side up. Please note we go to great lengths at the factory to ship a perfect uncontaminated viewing surface, so we prefer customers and professional installers to avoid rolling the viewing side out on the floor as there is a risk that static cling may pick up lint, carpet fibers, plus other debris. My personal method is to snap the top of screen to the top member of the frame first with a second person hold the frame 6 to 8 inches off the floor. Once done, lift the top of the frame perpendicular to floor with bottom fame member still resting on floor. Have one or two persons balance the frame in the upright position while another person stands behind the screen and frame and then snaps the sides and bottom of screen to back of frame. Anyway, I have done this task many times myself at our trade show booths and I found that it is the most comfortable way to install the screen to the frame. That being said, thank you for purchasing a Stewart Filmscreen.

Best Regards,
Don

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice gentleman. I don't have a second set of hands available so I may just have to install it viewing side down. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts