AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you be willing to swap receivers with me? I just downloaded the newest update, but hate the fact that I have to switch the stretch mode every time I watch an HD channel. Mine is in mint condition.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Patrick -

I have not downloaded the new s/w. Currently, whenever I change OTA channels between 1080i & 720p, it looks as if I'm looking through a screen door where the screen has been painted a bright green. This effect covers from 1/3 to all of the screen and may last one or 2 seconds. I have been eager to see whether a new download fixes it, but unwilling to go ahead until I see more feedback from others. Did you have this particular symptom? Did the d/l fix it?

Thanks

------------------

Peter

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Peter, I have never noticed this... but would I need the OTA cartridge to see the problem, because I don't have it.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I have a 6000 and noticed the green tiling/blocking before and after the new S/W download. This does happen mostly when tuning onto or away from my ABC station so it sounds like the same problem to me.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys, I know it seems like a pain in the ass to do this, but if there is anything I can do to get someone to swap me, it would help me out a great deal!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
The green stuff is generally cured by adjusting the HDTV picture. Go into the HDTV setup menu and go to the "adjust screen" Adjust the picture up or down a hair and see if that helps.

baimo

·
Registered
64 Posts
Patrick,

I don't think mine has taken the update. I will have to check when I get home to be sure that the family didn't try to watch something and hit anything to take the update. I may be willing to swap. BTW, what kind of additional receiver are you talking about? I will let you know what I find out when I get home.

Paul

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Paul, ok you know how to check your software version, right? Under "System Info". If you have the old software version, could you please enable the option that reads something like "Do NOT allow upgrades without my permission". Then, with that option checked, manually turn the reciever off to make sure it doesn't automatically download the upgrade. Also, I'd like to know if anything happens if it indeed does NOT download the upgrade, like notify you that there is an upgrade available. Basically, I want to be sure it doesn't force the upgrade. Thanks a bunch, Paul!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.