AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Sonys toll free # after I got a e-mail off of sony.com. Question will the new CX-875 have a different remote frequency. "*All* of the remotes frequencies if used in the same room will interact to any *remote* commands from DVD remote control(s)". CX-875 300 + 1 Progressive scan model will have the same *remote control* frequency as the previous CX-860 & CX-850D I am sorry and I did write to Larry Davis for his permission to put this on. I was counting on Sony to change the frequency, I have no other topic or O/topic to say. :(

·
Registered
726 Posts
I thought that the Sony DVD changer remote command set referenced a specific unit? With this multi-unit command set, I thought they were supposed to be able to work together without getting confused and all that. Or was it just the CD changers I am thinking?

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know about the CD changers I have 2 Pioneer F-1007 300 CD jukes. For the last 2 years I have used ratshack remote control modules, to turn off one sets power, so I acess the other machine. I can't use the on screen titling, I have had to use 2 composition books to hold the movie or concert titles.

Sony said *no" on the phone that the new progressive scan CX-875 remote would operate all mega changers if they were in the same room. I had to wait to talk to a tech help who had to ask a superviser because the set wasn't out yet.

Waaaaaah, I wanted that new toy for use in my crib, so the remote wouldn't turn on my other two mega changers I still have.

Unless I set up a wall of Kryptonite in my crib, my remote will still operate all of the mega changers in the same room waaaah. lol :)

·
Registered
726 Posts
I know that almost no Pioneer unit has multi-unit control, but some Sony megachangers do have multi-unit control, but apparently that might just be for CD changer capabilities.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What your thinking of is daisychaining two of the *same* models together. I am talking 3 different models the CX-850D, CX-860, and CX-875 you can't daisy chain three different models together!

I had a heated e-mail session with them 2 years ago when I bought the then new CX-860, only after loading 300 discs in and I turned on the power, did I see the CX-850D go on at the same time. Each DVD changer cost me $599 off of www.crutchfield.com , that is $1,200 with shipping an extra $6.95 on each one.

Now I was told that the new CX-875 would operate any of the 3 if it was in the same room. Jeff I have 232 DVDs more that I can fit into my present 2, I won't be able to *stand* having to have 3 seperate, remotes from ratshack to power off 2 while the 3 one is on.

O/T Fool me once shame on them, fool me twice shame on me". I heard that first by Lt. Montgomery Scott Chief Engineer of U.S.S. Enterprise of the Star Trek:TOS. I must find another mfr. that has the *smarts* to change the frequency on different models of mega-buck changers.

Larry Davis I am trying to word this correctly. If I was allowed I would have other choice words, for what I now think of the one and only!

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Larry they are now selling 2.8 GHz walk around the house phones. Like all things there are frequencies for appliances, radios, aircraft, just think what would happen if the individual jets were on the same frequency? A nightmare of unconceivable, loss of Human Life, we wouldn't need a Osama Bin Laden!

Yet these companies could move the hertz up a few notches for each, and all would be well. That Sony CX-875 300 + 1 progressive scan is out of the picture, I would have liked buying it when they come out in August. What to do now, since David Bott has told us that the Kenwood has it's troubles.

Larry I am presently 232 discs, over the capacity of the two that I own. I am going to be buying different region discs, now that I changed my RCA RC6000P progressive into a multi-region, one at a time for Regions 1-0. I am member of of a Home Theatre message board in the UK.

Larry it's a legal remote control code change, it was not chipped or moded. I found it was good for a number of RCA or Samsung units Progressive or interlaced. The RC6000P was my 'rebate' for buying the F-38310 HDTV a year ago. Time to call www.bettercables.com and get another 1 meter Silver Serpent for the progressive scan DVD player.

IMO they are the best .999 pure silver plate, over Oxygen Free Copper cables to use. I them tell them I'm a member of AVS forum, and this will help AVS stay online. :)

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Hob,

with the money you have already invested, have you considered utilizing a xantech IR routing device, and buyng a used 1st generation Phillips Pronto (used for 125 dollars). This would allow you to run 8 changers with the same remote codes. You would send the IR routing unit a signal from the remote which would subsequently direct all signals to that single changer. To utilize changer number 2 you send a different remote code that subsequently only allows the signal to pass for the second IR zone.

If you know someone with a pronto, you can simply download the codes for their URC-68 programming remote and teach the codes to any learning remote. I believe that the IR routing device is priced between 125-200 dollars.

This IR routing device is frequently utilized in multi-monitor and sat receiver setups for sports viewing. Pretty easy to setup. I would be glad to lend a hand.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
addendum to above-

the ir emitters would be installed with "hoods" to block the direct ir signal to ir window of the unit.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don last night was trying night for me, I installed my ha**ed(R1-0) progressive scan RCA RC6000P. These changers have a lot more buttons to push than a vcr or 36 that I use for my RCA F-38310.

Don there is 52 different buttons on my CX-860 and 51 buttons on my CX-850D. The difference in the buttons is the CX-860 has a *flip* key, where the 850D doesn't. I use every button for something, during the week. Honestly will the pronto have that many buttons to push?

I researched a lot of ways before going to a simple power off that cost me $49 for both remotes. Add $25 if I buy the CX-875 Progressive scan. Trouble is even though the both machines are really 'cherry', nobody wants to buy them.

I have been trying to sell my CX-850D ever since I bought the CX-860. I need to sell the CX-850D to buy 2 CX-875 for a 900 disc capacity. My overly protective 84 year old mother, won't allow me to have the CX-850D sitting in the small disabled apartment. :mad:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hob
Trouble is even though the both machines are really 'cherry', nobody wants to buy them.

I have been trying to sell my CX-850D ever since I bought the CX-860.
Maybe you've done this, but have you tried the AVS classifieds or some sort of internet sale system?

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I had it on AVS and Rec.DVD usenet newsgroup, currently I have it on Headwize, DVD classifieds. Only 1 reply from a RHC that offered me 1 buck.

I am only asking $150, down from it's original price tag of $599 that I paid. I just checked (Service Menu # 4) the hours of use the DVD laser has 226 and the CD laser has 3H of use. The CX-860 has 866 DVD and the CD has 4. Only 226 hours of use for the DVD CX-850D, both service menu can be accessed for hours of use.

A good way to prove it except "strangers are not allowed to view what I have, should they rob me in the middle of the night" mom getting a bit paranoid. We have steel doors, keys to get into 2 other steel doors, Electronic Front door that even if the glass is smashed, the cops are only 1 mile away and 4 keys to get inside my apartment.

I might as well 'bark' at a blue moon when it's comes, to try to argue with good old mom. She said the smart way for crooks today is to *parachute* onto the roof, like a troll she doesn't come with the proof. Take my word for it I just read it in the newspaper or what ever I don't *get*, she seen it in 'that' crapola.:mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.