AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have done a attic install of an antenna, what antenna did you go with and how far are you from the broadcast towers? I have tried three indoor antenna's (silver sensor, RCA 1250, RS 15-1880) and I still get glitchs from time to time (every 1-5mintues) on the on 27-1 UHF (53590 is my zip). And got a few glitchs on 47-1 VHF. So I guess the next step is to go to a large format antenna in the attic and pray that works. If I can avoid it, I want to stay away from a roof install. BTW, I am about 15miles from the broadcast towers.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm about 15-25 miles away from the towers. My silver sensor is in my attic and I can get very strong signals from ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and PBS. The length of RG-6 between the antenna and my HD STB is roughly 150' and I don't need any amplifiers.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Channel Master 4221A. Two pointed at different markets; one has towers mostly about 20 miles away one has towers mostly about 50 miles away.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I went through the same process, and ended up with a Channel Master 4221. It 's shape works well in an attic - it's narrow enough that you can rotate it if needed.

After trying the CM in the attic, I ended up having it installed on the roof - but I'm about 50 miles from the towers. At 15 miles you may be fine with an attic install.

DE

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a Channel Master 4228 in my attic with an amplifier attached. I am roughly 25 miles from Philly. It works well. I get a strong signal on all of the networks.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
There is a model 15-2160 UHF Only antenna from Radio Shack for under $25. Its small enough to fit in the attic, but big enough to get the job done. Besides, as long as you don't rip apart the box, you can return it for a fully refund from RS is it doesn't work out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.