AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get any feedback possible as to (in your opinion) what the best dvd player for a Mitsubishi 55413 RPTV would be. Any opinions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
I have the 73711 and have used a couple of DVD players. I honestly can't tell any difference.

I thought all DVD players were pretty much the same.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK! Just to let you know my situation, I currently own a DVD/VCR GO Video combo. It is sluggish at best and extremely fussy. I assume that combo units are probably not the best way to go.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
I favor my top of the line Pioneer ELITE player which also plays all the new surround audio discs. It also has firewire audio connections to my Pioneer ELITE receiver (for audio only). I'm big into classical music so the audio playback features were important to me. The firewire output sure simplified connection to the receiver. Video is connected to MITS via component direct (I bypass the receiver).

·
Registered
785 Posts
I use the Denon 1600 on my 3-year old Mits and I can see a difference between the different players.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mikey mo
I have the 73711 and have used a couple of DVD players. I honestly can't tell any difference.

I thought all DVD players were pretty much the same.
while auditioning a Sharp10000 DLP Front projector I noticed a dramatic video quality difference between $400 and $1600 (non-progressive) DVD players. And an even bigger difference stepping up to a $6000 Progressive scan DVD player.

I am interested in how well an el cheapo Bravo D1 or Sansung 931 DVI output will compare to Component outputs from a DVD player with decent component outputs ? And since the MITS (65813 has caught my eye) does it's own line doubling, would it be better to send progressive or interlaced (either via DVI or component) from the DVD player ?

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
The BEST is the Denon 3800, hands down. I also have a Denon 1600 and have used panasonic RP82 and XP30 (next best things). Panasonic RP91 is also excellent but has poor video deinterlacing. (I have a 65807 BTW)

Bravo or Samsung DVI will be best at 480p output to Mits.

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian5150
I have a 65413 and I'm very happy with the panasonic s35k I bought with it.
What have you compared the s35 to?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.