Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of 2:30PM Pacific Time (per a little birdie):

Court is still in session and they are still working on auctioning off the Rio business. Once they are done with Rio, then they will get to Replay.

This could go late into the night.

The wait continues................

·
Registered
222 Posts
eagerly awaiting news

·
Registered
179 Posts
I imagine this could take much longer than just one day in a courtroom.

I'm just rying to figure out if I should take my SS2000 back to Sears for full refund. I don't want a $200 doorstop.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LightBulb
I imagine this could take much longer than just one day in a courtroom.

I'm just rying to figure out if I should take my SS2000 back to Sears for full refund. I don't want a $200 doorstop.
Your Showstopper will still function like a VCR without guide data. The problem would be reconfiguring channels when changes occur locally. I suppose you could use a cable box for tuner input. The question should be is the Showstopper worth $200 when used as a VCR? If worse came to worse I expect replay will update software with channels 2 - 120 and manual time set before shutting down servers.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I don't think there's anyone on this forum who isn't anxious to hear what happens. I'm just afraid we might be left hanging for awhile as the eventual buyer figures out what their options are and what makes the most sense to them.

I best go take a patient pill.

Tim

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Wonderful to have a thread that has some little bit of reality in it. I'm posting just to bump this to the top so that perhaps this can become the official and somewhat for real thread on the auction.

Hopefully, teh other non-substnative threads on this topic will die out so we will have only one place to look for this info. Of course, there's nothing we can do about it if lizard_boy continues to bump the other threads while at the same time complaining about them ;)

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
An official thread maybe ? ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jones07
An official thread maybe ? ;)
Not until we get some official information... Actually all the threads are non-substantive until we hear officially.

Hopefully it will be good news!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
So they were holding out for a better price.

I'm gonna go polish the faceplates on all my Denon receivers right now (and I have three).

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My birdie told me to call him in the morning, so I don't think I'll have any additional news before then.

·
Registered
405 Posts
purchase is by Mr.R.J.Squirrell,Mr.Bullwinkle, and a Mr.Peabody.

Mr.Peabody stated at the press conference that a new time-warp feature

will be added allowing you to back up in the GUI to record a missed show.

details soon

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
I'm just rying to figure out if I should take my SS2000 back to Sears for full refund. I don't want a $200 doorstop. [/b][/quote]

Did you buy the SS2000 from sears recently? I want one of those

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.