AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a polk RTi system and have them hooked up to my Denon2309 receiver. After running Audessey it puts my RTi A7 towers at 40hz and my sub to 80hz, the channels are at like -2.0 and -3.0 for my towers and center speaker was set at 0 .....this seems very low...should I raise the channel levels and change the crossover??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it does get loud....but when listening to music I find myself wanting to raise the channel level....heh. Should I set towers and center to small and cross over 80hz?? what should I set my sub to?

·
Registered
6,604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4747 /forum/post/18134010

Yeah it does get loud....but when listening to music I find myself wanting to raise the channel level....heh. Should I set towers and center to small and cross over 80hz?? what should I set my sub to?

Why don't you use the master volume control to raise the volume leve?

·
Premium Member
15,417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4747 /forum/post/18133939

I recently purchased a polk RTi system and have them hooked up to my Denon2309 receiver. After running Audessey it puts my RTi A7 towers at 40hz and my sub to 80hz, the channels are at like -2.0 and -3.0 for my towers and center speaker was set at 0 .....this seems very low...

Why do you think this seems low? The channel trims adjust the relative levels of the speakers to account for different speaker sensitivity and room acoustics. Those settings seem fine. I would *not* suggest changing them.

Quote:

...should I raise the channel levels....

I wouldn't.

Quote:

and change the crossover??

Possibly. You could raise the crossover and see if it sounds better. (Don't lower any of the crossovers however. Audyssey won't correct below the crossover it sets.)

Quote:

Yeah it does get loud....but when listening to music I find myself wanting to raise the channel level....heh.

Why do you want to change the channel trims? As JPC said, just raise the MV control.

Quote:

Should I set towers and center to small and cross over 80hz?? what should I set my sub to?

If they have crossovers set already, they should be set to Small. 80 Hz crossovers are pretty standard, assuming all speakers speakers have decent response to some point below 80 Hz. Try it and see.

Craig

·
Registered
5,972 Posts

Quote:

I recently purchased a polk RTi system and have them hooked up to my Denon2309 receiver. After running Audessey it puts my RTi A7 towers at 40hz and my sub to 80hz, the channels are at like -2.0 and -3.0 for my towers and center speaker was set at 0 .....this seems very low...should I raise the channel levels and change the crossover??
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4747 /forum/post/18134878

Thanks for that information, When raising the channel levels the speakers definitely sound way to boomy...so i'll leave them set.

There is an Audyssey sticky thread

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=795421

where this basic question is asked and answered almost daily. The CTO and designer of Audyssey is a member of this thread and will provide detailed answers to any questions not answered by the many knowledgable people on the thread who use and are familiar with Audyssey.

There is also an Audyssey Setup Guide (link in my signature) that explains in great detail how to properly setup Audyssey for best performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.