AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've had this amp for about 3 or 4 months now I think. Suddenly, I notice a very light white noise like sound hissing from the tweeters.

Now, it doesn't increase in sound when I up/lower the volume but I don't remember it being there before when I first got it. I want to say I remember it being dead silent no matter what but maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me and it's just the power of amplification making this subtle hiss?

It doesn't matter on which input I'm on... or which channel of speakers , as I've moved them around to see if it made any difference but the result was the same.

Should I think about sending it back? I don't want to look like a complete ass if it's nothing and just my ears playing tricks on me but I was sort of alarmed when I noticed the noise and then putting my ears up to the speakers I could hear the muffled white noise on the mid and hiss on the high. Nothing too terrible I guess but still, for the life of me I don't remember that being there before. Not very loud either.. but noticeable.

What should I do? Any ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.