AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently reinstalled my WinXP on my HTPC and couldn't get my Audigy2 card to passthrough DD or DTS signal via optical spdif to my Marantz AV (SR4300). It used to work fine prior to that.

Both Audigy2 and PowerDVD have optical output and SPDIF passthrough configured.

Whenever i play a movie on the PowerDVD, and with my SR4300 specifically selected to Dig-1 which is where my optical cable is connected to. The SR4300 would detect the signal coming from my Audigy as Stereo instead of Dolby Digital :(

I can hear only part of the movie conversation (which i presume those from the left/right channel), there are much sound/conversation which i get only faint scrachy noice.

O my HTPC, i am also running a Hercules AIW 9000pro graphics card.

Can specific setting i miss out????

HELP!:confused:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I'm not familier with the specific Audigy2 settings, but on the Audigy 1 if the 'ac3 decode' box is checked the soundcard driver 'decodes' DD instead of passing it through, which means the S/PDIF carries the F/L and F/R channels. Maybe see if you can find similar setting in the Audigy 2 controls and make sure its not checked.

Good luck!

·
Registered
125 Posts
yep audigy 2 have the same settings. you need turn off ac3 decode and select SPDIF Passthrough in Device Controls - AudioHQ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.