AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything was fine with my system when I turned it off last night. I woke up this morning to watch Sportscenter, and something very peculiar occured. I have a philips 5353 receiver. I turned it on, and I get perfect audio and I can even get the menus and guides to show up, but there is no picture! I have checked all of the cables, I checked the connections, and I am stumped. I have the same receiver in the bedroom, and it is working fine, so I know my signal is OK.

My gut tells me its the receiver. When I get home today, I guess I will switch the living room one out with the bedroom one and see if it works.

Anyone else have any ideas/suggestions?

Jason

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are you using DishN??

This happened to me last night around 9:00pm my time. I had audio and menus but no picture. I selected the guide and then went back to my channel and the video came back.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Switching your recievers would help figure out the problem. Please report your findings. I hope its nothing too serious.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have picture again. I just unplugged the receiver for about 10 minutes, plugged it back in, and all was well.

Let that be a lesson to us all...if ANYTHING is ever wrong, just unplug it!! Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

JaSon

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Good glad you got it working again :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.