AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Samsung DVD-VR355 which DVD-VCR combo recorder from Future shop In December 2007 and I have not used the VCR section until recently. I have lots of VCR tapes that I want to convert to DVD using this machine and have started doing so. However I have a problem both in video and audio while recording from VCR to DVD. I can hear the sound of the video but it is distorted in that, it makes hissing or rattling sound when VCR tape is playing. Some the video also seems to be shaking sometimes and flickering. I tried to clean VCR head-I mean I have cleaned the VCR head without any success and continue to have the same problem. Anyone knows how to fix this or anyone knows what causes this kind of problems. Please help. I use Sony DVD-R media and the VCR tape is Memorex SHQ T-120.

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
Is the problem with recording or do you also hear the hissing when just playing the tapes on your Sammy? Also what speed were the tapes originally recorded in? If SLP or EP many times they don't track well between the VCR the tapes were recorded on and newer players. If you had that original VCR that would probably be best, otherwise sometimes it's just a matter of finding a player that best plays your tapes. For this reason many people advise against combo units and prefer to go with a separate VCR and DVDR and probably more than one type of VCR for maximum compatibility.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts