AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i womble out the commercials and the audio slowly but increasingly drags until after about 15 minutes it's about half a second behind, 30 min a second, and it's about a couple seconds behind after an hour. what's going on? (win xp pro, athlon 1800xp, 512 mb ram, 80 gb hd but little space) TIA

·
Registered
702 Posts
see the discussion in this forum regarding using mpegs, also try searching for womble. I think there was something about being able to put in a transition that helped. Not sure really. There definitely has been discussion about editing the files and getting out of sync.

·
Registered
979 Posts
There can be a few possible issues with this.

1. The Replay can give you files with dirty time syncs. You can sometimes repair this with Womble by just having it make a new copy of the file (Program stream) with no edits.

2. Some MPEG2 software decoders are crap and will drift sync even if the MPEG is valid. If you're using Elecard's make sure it's set (under properties) to use PTS and not bitrate.

3. Sometimes the sync will get bad. Sometimes this is the fault of the editor software. If it wasn't so damned expensive I'd recommend M2 Edit Pro 4.x. ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had this exact same problem extracting to 80 gig 5400rpm drive.

I then extracted the same shows to a 10 gig 5400rpm drive and the audio was no longer off.

I don't know what caused this, both drives are 5400rpm, but I can not extract to my 80 gig drive, which SUCKS!

I would like to fix this but, haven't been able to yet.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Make sure its not the player as well...

I had sync issues (or so I thought) on my DVD player.. Drove me crazy, then i discovered the issue was with the new dvd player and not the disc, so back to the store it went.. I am glad I decided to test the disc on a few other players (this was what tipped me off that the disc was fine and the player was whacked)

If possible check on a few different brands then the one you are using (i.e. sony vs pioneer) and try it on a pc as well..

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi folks,

I've had alot of experience with TIVO and Replay 4000 files, and I think if you are using an older Replay one of the problems might be the MPEG file it self. While playing it straight after taking it off of the replay is not a problem, it is usually one of two things.

The GOP Structure, and the time coding.

There are two programs you want, well really there are a dozen programs you need to properly do this, or at least a half dozen if all your doing is taking programs from Replay and putting them on DVD.

The two most important for "fixing" replay mpegs are, PVAStrumento

and Timefix.exe

One program can be found at http://www.offeryn.com/

this guy is awesome, the program is screaming fast, and actually does what it says it will. It goes through an MPEG2 file from a PVR, TIVO/Replay/PC based, and will fix the structure so that programs expecting a more standardized format will be able to deal with it.

I believe if you search Timefix.exe on this forum you should be able to find it. Let me know if you can't and I can post a link to it.

Basically I use Womble, with UleadDVD to make DVD's of the shows I put on Replay.

Hope this helps.

TimT

·
Registered
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pico64
I had this exact same problem extracting to 80 gig 5400rpm drive.

I then extracted the same shows to a 10 gig 5400rpm drive and the audio was no longer off.

I don't know what caused this, both drives are 5400rpm, but I can not extract to my 80 gig drive, which SUCKS!

I would like to fix this but, haven't been able to yet.
My problem above was just playing the mpgs after they were extracted on my PC.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
FWIW, the last version of Womble seemed to have a problem where files larger than 2 GB were not fixed correctly using the GOP tool Smaller, sub-two Gigabyte files worked fine.

There is NOW a new version of womble. It's now showing version 3.12 and a date of 04/2002. Looks like it's been fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.