AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey all,

I'm new to this forum but have been dipping in and out for a while. Finally decided to sign up 'cos I've got a problem I've been struggling with for a week or so and looked everywhere else on the web. Maybe someone here can help me out...?

I've got an old Pioneer VSX-1015 receiver. I've only been using it for sound for the last year or so since I picked it up for nothing when someone was throwing it out. I've had it in my workshop just to play tunes but recently decided to hook up an old flat screen to it. Problem is, it won't play video. I've tried on every input, using both component, S-Video and composite, but I get nothing. Audio plays fine on all inputs, and the 'Setup Screen' shows up on the flat screen, but apart from that I can't get anything to show.

Any ideas what I might be missing, or is it fried and destined to live out the rest of it's days as a glorified ipod amp!?!

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldValve  /t/1522793/audio-but-no-video-on-pioneer-vsx-1015#post_24489145

Hey all,

I'm new to this forum but have been dipping in and out for a while. Finally decided to sign up 'cos I've got a problem I've been struggling with for a week or so and looked everywhere else on the web. Maybe someone here can help me out...?

I've got an old Pioneer VSX-1015 receiver. I've only been using it for sound for the last year or so since I picked it up for nothing when someone was throwing it out. I've had it in my workshop just to play tunes but recently decided to hook up an old flat screen to it. Problem is, it won't play video. I've tried on every input, using both component, S-Video and composite, but I get nothing. Audio plays fine on all inputs, and the 'Setup Screen' shows up on the flat screen, but apart from that I can't get anything to show.

Any ideas what I might be missing, or is it fried and destined to live out the rest of it's days as a glorified ipod amp!?!

Here's the back panel of the Pioneer VSX-1015;

One reason why it may have ended up in the dustbin is because it lacks HDMI or Component video inputs which basically means no HDTV.

The other reason is that its existing SD TV faciliites may have been broken. Its not terrilbly unlikely that its video inputs got fried, but the output is OK so you get setup menus but no video.

Beggars can't be choosers!

Bypassing the AVRs video circuits doesn't cost a lot in terms of functionality, so you can take this situation philosophically, if you wish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts