Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks for reading...

Wanting to run audio from PC w/ a Audigy2 card to Denon 3803.

Looking to use Coaxial cable. Which type of "connectors" or adpaters to get? Where to get? Has anyone used Lcom , the AVS forum supportorm for these type cable?

As usual, Many Thanks....

:)

·
Registered
491 Posts
dbuff,

I have an Audigy Platinum...I've hooked mine up to my Sony STRV-444ES receiver via the optical out on the "drive" for the Audigy, as well as mini - rca connectors for 5.1 input...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
slarsky -

thanks , do you have a link or vendor suggessions?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm not using the Audigy2 sound card but...

I'm runing DD from my A7N8X-Deluxe mobo SPDIF coax output to my Pioneer receiver with 90 feet of DS-3 coax. (for you telecom guys)

Its a six coax bundle in one sheath the size of your middle finger. I've got RGBHV on the first 5 and SPDIF on the last. It's running 90 feet to my Mits 65908 HDTV. For SPDIF coax pretty much anything 75Ohm will work. Expensive, cheap doesn't seem to matter from what I can tell.

A7N8X-Deluxe

AMD Barton 2500+

ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

512 PC 3200 Memory

Steve

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyone care to say good place to buy.

i just want a cable to go from the audigy 2 to the denon coaxial input.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
That is an interesting question. I tried a couple of days ago and could not find one cable that worked. The normal digital coaxial cable will not fit in the Audigy so you need an adapter. I went to Radio Schack and got the adapter (I guess from 1/4 to 1/8). it did not work! The adapter apparently is for mono connections and I read you need stereo. Ok went back to Radio and got the Stereo adapter. That one does not even fit on the Audigy.

Sorry I have no solution but if you get a cable that works let me know...:(

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for saying question was interesting - cuz i thought i was being a total idiot for asking what i thought a an extremely simple question.

and i may be idiot, but i still have the question. ;)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I have the adapter and the cable. I get no sound at all. Frustating :(

I'll go to Radio Schack and get the adapter (the one I have is not from Radio but it should work) and see if I have any luck...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.