AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k. I've done some reading here on this forum and am still a little confused.

If I go with an Audiophile 24/96 will it pass DTS as well as DD.

Is there any benefit in going with the Delta Dio (other than optical out)

I would like to record all my LP's to my HD and then to CDR's should I be looking at an RME for audio quality?

Any input is greatly appreciated

Alun

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
â€If I go with an Audiophile 24/96 will it pass DTS as well as DD.â€

Yes it will

â€Is there any benefit in going with the Delta Dio (other than optical out)â€

Not if you need analog input for recordings external sources.

â€I would like to record all my LP's to my HD and then to CDR's should I be looking at an RME for audio quality?â€

The Delta soundcards far exceeds the dynamic range of LPs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would like to record all my LP's to my HD and then to CDR's should I be looking at an RME for audio quality?

Yeah, either RME or LynxStudio. Sound on Sound , a British magazine, has recently done a review of the RME Digi96/8 PAD and has already done a review of the LynxTWO as well as several other cards including the Delta1010, so I'd check into that if you want to see any of these cards compared.

From their review of the LynxONE :

"[T]he RMS background noise measured...at 24-bit/44.1 kHz...an excellent -106db. Only two cards have surpassed this: the Echo Mona...and the M Audio Delta 1010....However, from memory and from comparison in each case with my own Echo Gina card I would say that the Lynx One has the edge on them both in subjective perfomance, although this is hardly surprising given its much higher cost per audio channel."

I gather from their summary of the PAD that the LynxTWO has better sound (D/A stage, not too sure of A/D stage), but I'd have to pay to read the whole review and find out, something I'm not prepared to do. You may be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.