AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a problem with blu-ray playback while my receiver decodes trueHD.

Receiver is Pioneer VSX-9120THX (supports 1.3a, decodes DTS HD, Dolby TrueHD)

Blu-Ray player is Samsung BD-P1500. Audio output is set to "Bitstream audiophile" mode to output to a DTS-HD / Dolby TrueHD compatible receiver. Obviously, I am running HDMI from receiver to blu ray and to TV.

Problem at hand is I've tried 2 different movies and at random times throughout the movie, when decoding TrueHD, I lose sound completely and the only way to get it back is to pause and play again. When the sound disappears the receiver still shows "TrueHD" on its screen.

If I set the blu-ray player to "Bitstream Re-encode", my receiver sees DTS and has no problems.

Not sure what exactly to do. If it were HDMI wires, why would it just stop? and why does the receiver not revert to stereo mode if it was actually losing an audio feed from the blu-ray?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiea4 /forum/post/15591194

I've got a problem with blu-ray playback while my receiver decodes trueHD.

Receiver is Pioneer VSX-9120THX (supports 1.3a, decodes DTS HD, Dolby TrueHD)

Blu-Ray player is Samsung BD-P1500. Audio output is set to "Bitstream audiophile" mode to output to a DTS-HD / Dolby TrueHD compatible receiver. Obviously, I am running HDMI from receiver to blu ray and to TV.

Problem at hand is I've tried 2 different movies and at random times throughout the movie, when decoding TrueHD, I lose sound completely and the only way to get it back is to pause and play again. When the sound disappears the receiver still shows "TrueHD" on its screen.

If I set the blu-ray player to "Bitstream Re-encode", my receiver sees DTS and has no problems.

Not sure what exactly to do. If it were HDMI wires, why would it just stop? and why does the receiver not revert to stereo mode if it was actually losing an audio feed from the blu-ray?

Thanks!

Do you have the latest 1500 firmware?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts