AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a reciever that will allow me to adjust for audio delay on multiple sources as opposed to the whole reciever and every input?

Thanks

Tom

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hi Tom

Any Denon with Audio Delay will let you adjust on a per input basis and with a range of 0-200ms. :)

Models include the upgraded AVR 5800, 5803(A), 4802R, 3803, 3805, 2805 and the newer 5805, 4806, 4306, 3806, 2106, 1906, 1706.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check out the Yamaha Receivers. You can store up to 6 system presets that include audio delay. See the custome install manual on their webpage under support/remote control.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvace
Check out the Yamaha Receivers. You can store up to 6 system presets that include audio delay. See the custome install manual on their webpage under support/remote control.
This is news to me since I'm deciding between Yamaha and Denon based on this feature. I tried to find the information that you mentioned on the web page, but I can't quite see it, would you mind posting a link? I looked under customer support but I didn't see anything close to remote control or custom install manual. It is probably my bad...

jpe

·
Registered
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JShort
jpe,

I too had trouble locating instructions for Yamaha memory code operation -- try:

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/customer/c...ha_Project.pdf

then, check out page 14

I found it under customer support / utilities and downloads / Yamaha custom installation handbook.

I haven't tried this, but I sure want to!

Jim
Jim, big thanks for the link and the information! I see how this could work to have a set of different configurations saved in memory with different delay values for different input sources. This gets around the limitation that the receiver only has a global audio delay setting.

I suppose you could even have a variety of configurations in 30, 40 or 50 ms increments (e.g 40, 80, 120...) that you could cycle through to best match the delay that may be present at any point in time.

Please let me (or just the forum) know if you actually can get this to work. I don't have a Yamaha receiver, so I have no way to being able to test it.

jpe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.