AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I have been directed to this forum by friends who say you are all in the know. I am building a house right now and have a question on my home audio distribution I would like to setup and how to accomplish this.

Setup includes

Main Amp/Reciver - line out to slave amp - slave amp L/R channels to speaker distribution/volume control box (4 sets of L/R Speakers).

One set of L/R will go to my deck, two speakers in stereo

One set to a single speaker in kitchen (ceiling)

One set to a single speaker in Dining (ceiling)

One set to a single speaker in Master bdr. (ceiling)

Question how do I convert the stereo (L/R) speaker output of the distribution/volume control box to a mono signal to power just the single ceiling speaker in each room?

I am assuming that I cannot just wire both channels to the same speaker as it will overload the speaker.

I am sure you all laughing by now, but I have done alot of searching on google and have not found an answer.

Thanks.

Phillip

·
Registered
517 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pbunton
Question how do I convert the stereo (L/R) speaker output of the distribution/volume control box to a mono signal to power just the single ceiling speaker in each room?
I read a post in another thread (one of these 3 AVS audio forums) about an in-ceiling stereo speaker. It apparently does reasonable left & right imaging -- considering they are mounted together.

Here it is (I'm not quite the search-master that Brucer is, but I can eventually find things!)

They are the Russound SP-522.1 speakers. Skyeflye wrote about it in the Baskin Robbins thread in the Speakers forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.