AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys,

I need some assistance settings up a multiroom sound systems. I currently have a pioneer elite receiver 94x with zone output. I wanted to know how to distribute sound all over the house for example when i playing music or watching sports games. I plan on using my living room as my theater room where i will be pumping out 7.1 bitstreaming out of my sony blue ray player using my aperion system. Im in the process of remodeling and plan on installing a pair or preferably a single speaker in each room with it's own volume control. What do you recommend i need and what kind of wiring will i need to hook up the speakers. I know i will need a amp as well but am confused as to how to connect it to my pioneer receiver. I plan on spending between 750-1000 on it. the apartment is only 1 floor and the house is around 90 feet long, with 1 bathroom, 3 bedrooms, living room, dinning room, and kitchen. I saw some in-wall speakers and speaker wire on monoprice but am unsure about the quality of the speakers. I really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
If you don't mind playing the same source in every room, you could add an impedance matching stereo volume control in each room. You would run two sets of wires (16 gauge zip cord) for each stereo pair from the control to the speakers and from the control to the amp. All wires at the amp would be connected in parallel (use some sort of terminal strip).

The added amp could be driven from the 2nd zone line output (not speaker) from your receiver.

Monoprice appears to be reasonable quality but I have no direct experience with their speakers. There is another thread in this forum which discusses them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.