AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody else experience audio drop outs on Cartoon Network? I happens every few minutes. The audio will drop out for about a quarter of a second or so and them come back on. Its really annoying. Its been going on for me ever since Cartoon HD launched.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I don't have the channel, but is everything stretched like TNT, TNT has had problems like that before with audio. If its stretched I don't watch it and will not watch it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think its more cropped than stretched. Honestly I think it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Cartoons don't seem to suffer as much from improper formatting, but it is still just that: improper.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniormaj /forum/post/12984871

Cartoons don't seem to suffer as much from improper formatting, but it is still just that: improper.

Well, I agree that its improper. But to be honest the non-cartoon stuff looks pretty good to me as well such as Robot Chicken. It certainly isnt as bad as some of the stuff on TBS or TNT.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminatorbob /forum/post/12982454

Is anybody else experience audio drop outs on Cartoon Network? I happens every few minutes. The audio will drop out for about a quarter of a second or so and them come back on. Its really annoying. Its been going on for me ever since Cartoon HD launched.

Yes, and I'm glad to hear someone else confirm it - although since it happens on both HD DVRs, both live and recorded, I was pretty sure it was the source, not my equipment. I have DirecTV, what's your source? (just trying to determine if its a DirecTV problem or a network problem - i.e. who to complain to).

Its been like this for at least the last few months.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My son has discovered the wonderful world of a DVR and has since programmed all episodes of his show Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl on CN. I was watching with him the other day and YES, I can confirm the audio dropouts that the OP has experienced. My son didn't realize it was happening until I mentioned it. He didn't care though because the dropout is too short to actually kill any of the words in the dialoge-no matter how "cliche-ish" the dialoge can be!
It brought me back to the good 'ol days of Speed Racer when the dialoge can be as long as 30 secs of...."AAhhhh"........."Ohhhhhhhh"........and "tchuk.....tchuk.....tchuk.....(Mach 5 jumping over something after Speed presses the number "2" on the steering wheel)

Note: Also on DirecTV using HR20-700 (latest National release) and watching recorded episodes. The Pokemon episodes were recorded with only one tuner actively recording and were watched sometimes with none, one or both tuners recording.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Horstkotte /forum/post/13001252

Yes, and I'm glad to hear someone else confirm it - although since it happens on both HD DVRs, both live and recorded, I was pretty sure it was the source, not my equipment. I have DirecTV, what's your source? (just trying to determine if its a DirecTV problem or a network problem - i.e. who to complain to).

Its been like this for at least the last few months.

Im using DirecTV as well.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminatorbob /forum/post/13003501

Im using DirecTV as well.

Sounds like DirecTV is the culprit - or maybe even HR20 / HR21 specific - did some Googling, and all the hits seemed to come from sat forums.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Off topic, but has anything been shown in true HD yet? Is season 3 of the Venture Bros. the only show announced so far that will be in HD? thanks, sorry for the off topic question.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yup I have D*TV and I have noticed the audio dropouts when I record The Boondocks.

For the record this is the ONLY channel I have noticed this problem on. I have the HR20-700

·
Registered
490 Posts
I get the dropouts with an HR20-700, as well.

I find that it makes the channel unwatchable.

A friend of mine also gets the dropouts with an HR20 (not sure which series #).

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm still seeing pretty frequent audio dropouts on Cartoon Network HD. I'm watching recorded shows, not live. I'd say a 2 second dropout every 5 minutes or so. Is this a common problem with others? Using an HR-20.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I'll have to give it a listen.

I haven't watched that channel since my previous post (Feb 2008), as I just watch it on my SD DirecTV TiVo instead.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yes, I noticed this a while back, and even called D* about it. I haven't noticed it lately, but I also haven't watched it as much. My kids watch Chowder a lot, and I've been in the same room while they watched it, and I don't notice it occurring anymore.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Has anyone else seen a re-occurence of this issue? Watching the Chowder Knishmas special the audio was dropping out every 30 seconds or so for a split second. Just enough to notice and drive me crazy. I'm watching in the NY market through D*. Seemed to start happening again about a week ago. Heard it on Ben 10 too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chủ đề : Âm thanh thả ra trên Cartoon Network HD (DirecTV)Trả lời chủ đề

I used to use Cartoon HD but it did not meet my expectations. Since moving to THOP TV techuptip, I am really satisfied

1 - 20 of 20 Posts