AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my replacement Dish 211 HD receiver and hooked it up last night. The reason being I am getting channel specific audio drop outs only when using my Integra 8.2 receiver. The channels that this occurs on is EncoreHD, FoxNewsHD, and PalladiaHD. The CSA from Dish who activated my new receiver did the tests and I checked the problem channels out while she was on the phone. Same problem with the audio dropouts with the new receiver. As a test, I did put on FoxNews standard def channel and there were no dropouts at all. The CSA said to call Integra because it might be an issue with the receiver. Now I'm no dummy when it comes to Home Theater, and the receiver is not the problem. I exchanged wires and tried different inputs with the Integra thinking the input might be bad, no change. There are no audio dropouts on the TV speakers on these specific channels btw.

My setup is the Dish 211HD receiver is hooked up with an HDMI wire directly to the TV. The audio is an optical wire from the Dish receiver to the Integra.

My Blu Ray set up is exactly the same and there are no problems with any audio dropouts. Does anyone have any ideas? This is frustrating to say the least. Oh, the receiver that was just replaced? It is a replacement for the original receiver that had a bad HDMI connection, which the original receiver had no audio problems at all. Thanks in advance.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After going through all my HD channels the list has now been upgraded to 13 channels total, including SpeedHD, VsHD, and National Geographic Channel HD.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If this is in the wrong forum, mods please feel free to move it. I'm still having the audio problem and Dish is not helping.

Jeff

·
Registered
572 Posts
I would check the digital audio output settings on the 211. Check to make sure that it is set to bitstream and not pcm. If it is set to bitstream, try changing to PCM and see if that makes a difference. Seems odd that two units in a row have the same exact issue and no other issues.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply David! The Dish receiver is set to bitstream/pcm. Should it be set to just bitstream?

Jeff

·
Registered
572 Posts
Mine is also set that way. I would toggle through all of the settings to see if it helps. I would try PCM only first. Then Dolby Digital only and see if it solves the problem. If not I would try googling the problem (if you haven't already) usually someone else has had the same issue before. Also could check the DBS Talk tech forum here: http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105 .

Also curious, how long did this problem persist on your previous 211? Could check the possibility of a software update that caused the issue.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's been going on for a while with the previous receiver. With my wife ill and me having knee surgery the problem was put on the back burner. Like I said before, the 1st receiver we had after moving to AZ, had no audio issues but the HDMI input was not working. Now that replacement and now the newer receiver have the audio dropouts. I did test the bitstream only then the pcm only on the Dish 211 and I still had the dropouts. So now it's back to bitstream/pcm.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts