AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and didn't come up with anything. I have the RCA-DTC100 and I am getting audio drop out every minute or so. Just for a spit second. IT is extremely annoying. It happens all of the time, not just during live events.

Is no one else having this problem?

·
Registered
604 Posts
There is a thread or two . Search over the last two weeks in the HDTV hardware section. The default search is only 2 days or so.

I have been trading email with DTV and they of course, deny any such issue and insist that I need to "reset" my DCT-100s. Then they claim they will dispatch technicians.

Right.

It is really annoying and as far as I can tell, isolated to the DCT-100 and ESPN HD.

patrick

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,651 Posts
It's a known issue in engineering department at both DirecTV & Thomson (RCA). Both are working together to resolve the issue.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Here's a thread from a few days ago. Albeit a short one, you can see you are not alone.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank God. Although it's still annoying. At least I know they are working on it.

Is there any way we can kill the wait time between searches? It is so hard to search for stuff on this site. I did a couple searches, came up empty and got frustrated with the wait time.

Thanks for the help though.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I don't have an RCA and I have the same problem. My equipment is a Mitsubishi HDTV with builtin tuner. I get the audio dropouts during ESPN-HD live programs broadcast on Comcast cable through QAM.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DR Jax
I don't have an RCA and I have the same problem. My equipment is a Mitsubishi HDTV with builtin tuner. I get the audio dropouts during ESPN-HD live programs broadcast on Comcast cable through QAM.
You have a completely different issue.

·
Registered
313 Posts
DR Jax,

I have the same exact problem. It is not as bad as the RCA problem (from what I can tell). Must be a Jax Comcast issue. BTW, 2 days ago, Comcast ESPN-HD was showing ESPN-2 instead of ESPN.

Paul

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bdcrow
Problems here also with the DTC-100. Audio is solid on SD ch 206 - why???
Apparently, even the engineers at ESPN, RCA and DirecTV can't answer that question.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I thought that I would bring this thread up again and see if anyone else is still having problems with ESPN-HD and audio drop outs. I have the RCA-DTC100 and last night's Rams game seemed to have more than its fair share of drop outs.

Ken H had mentioned that RCA, ESPN & DirecTV were working on a fix but I haven't seen (or heard) anything on its status. Any updates? :confused:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I also have a DTC-100 and in the past have had audio drop outs on ESPN-HD, but, last night during the football game no audio drop outs were evident on my system.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tsmit32
I also have a DTC-100 and in the past have had audio drop outs on ESPN-HD, but, last night during the football game no audio drop outs were evident on my system.
same here

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.