AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Panasonic DVD-RP56 DVD player (progressive scan) and a Yamaha RX-V1000 receiver. The player is connected via optical cable.

Occassionally the audio will dropout (not a layer change) - and the timing is random. The dropouts are not repeatable (if I rewind the scene and play it again the dropout isn't there.)

These are DVD's from my personal collection, and I take care to keep them clean and free from scratches.

Since this happens at most only a couple of times during a movie (and sometimes not at all) - I was wondering if you guys had any ideas.

I do not have any kind of power conditioning. Might that help?

I did try a search on this topic and didn't find an answer.

Thanks for any thoughts.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Just curious but how is your video connected? Does it go through the Yamaha receiver or directly to the display device? I have not heard of problems like that with the RP56 so I am thinking that the Yamaha has problems with its processing of the audio and I am wondering if the video could have something to do with it. Although the video processing is probably a pass-through and no processing is done on it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi,

I have a Pioneer DVD-525 digitally connected thru coax to my RX-V1000, and have had no problems whatsoever with the sound coming from the DVD's. Try to change the optical cable, or make the digital connection between DVD and AMP with coaxial cable.

If that doesn't solve the problem, there may be a problem with either your DVD-RP56 or your RX-V1000. To see which one is causing the problem, try to borrow a different player from a friend or rent another player for a day or two. Connect the 2nd player to your RX-V1000 and see if the problem persists. If not, chances are high your DVD-RP56 is faulty.

Good luck,

Den

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback!

The video from the DVD player runs directly to my monitor, so there is no video processing being done by the RX-V1000.

I'll try switching the optical cable to a coax and see if that helps.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.