AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that this issue has been posted before and I'm sorry, but I can't find the thread.

I have the Panny Combo with the Denon 3801. When watching HBOHD or SHOHD in DD, there are audio dropouts. The dropouts do not occur if switching to Prologic. I was told there is some way to fix it.? Hopefully?

Thanks

·
Banned
946 Posts
You sure you have the TU DST 50? With that unit and the Panny PV HD 1000 combo you cannot watch HBO/Showtime. You probably have the TU HDS20.

------------------

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
There are many reports of DD audio dropouts with this equipment, it's a problem with the DD output of the Panasonic gear. Some DD processors have enough error masking to prevent the problem from being heard.

It is a "hit or miss" situation for each brand/model of equipment, do a search & use "Technics" as the search word in the AVS HDTV Recording Forum.

For many owners of this set up, the easiest solution was to buy the Technics DD/DTS audio processor. It is discontinued, but you might find one on line or at the larger brick & mortar electronics stores. It used to cost $200-$300.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

[This message has been edited by Ken H (edited 07-07-2001).]

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I have the Panny HD1000,TU-DST50 with the DISH 5000 w/modulator. I can and do HBOHD and SHOWHD. I did'nt think it be important to state how I got HBO or SHOHD.

[This message has been edited by Vettster (edited 07-07-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.