AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which among these two is a better choice and why?

I was looking for a pair of 2.0 active speakers to be connected to a laptop/desktop.

Connect Speakers/Headphones out from laptop to the speaker's Input. Speakers must have an In Built amp.

Usage, mostly for internet videos (speech) and music. Movies from time to time.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
I would definitely go with the Swans, but they are considerably larger than the AE A2, so just make sure you are okay with the size on your desk. Another good choice would be the Emotiva Airmotiv 4, a good inbetween choice and they have an excellent tweeter. Whichever route you go, I would strongly recommend also getting a Behringer UCA202 USB DAC. This will clean up the noise associated with computer audio and give you much better sound quality.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6,814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaQBlogs  /t/1522068/audio-engine-a2-vs-swan-m200mkii#post_24469076

I have a receiver which I have connected to a PC. Can that cause damage to the receiver?

A receiver is a great solution, it will have a DAC inside, simply connect it via Optical or Digital Coaxial. You need to make sure you have pre-outs though so you can connect powered speakers. If you don't, then you will be limited to passive speakers.

If you want something compact that will give you clear sound, the A2's would be a great choice. The bigger speakers will play louder and have more bass, so if you need that, consider the M-Audio BX5 or Audioengine A5+.

Reactions: ShaQBlogs

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to mention, the receiver that I have is not for this setup.

For my current setup I am specifically looking for an active pair of 2.0 speakers.

I earlier asked if PC can cause damage since the receiver setup has PC connected to Marantz receiver with a pair of PSB towers.

So was wondering if output from PC can damage the receiver

·
Registered
6,814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaQBlogs  /t/1522068/audio-engine-a2-vs-swan-m200mkii#post_24469163

I forgot to mention, the receiver that I have is not for this setup.

For my current setup I am specifically looking for an active pair of 2.0 speakers.

I earlier asked if PC can cause damage since the receiver setup has PC connected to Marantz receiver with a pair of PSB towers.

So was wondering if output from PC can damage the receiver

No the PC won't damage your receiver. You will want a DAC though for the active speakers, that Behringer is $29.99 and can be found on Ebay/Amazon.

Reactions: ShaQBlogs
1 - 6 of 6 Posts