AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For audio, I've been running a Toslink cable from a Samsung LCD TV to an Audioengine D1 DAC, then RCAs to AE A5+ powered speakers. It works, but often there's no sound, or sound cutout when turning on the TV, switching between TV and Patriot Media Box (USB), or even running a video on the media box backward then starting forward again. Playing around back and forth between devices gets the sound going again. I've changed all the cables but that hasn't solved it. The lead guy at one of the cable companies today suggested that the Toslink cutting out was likely the problem, and that a first step since I don't have a coaxial output/input on the TV, would be to run the Toslink from the TV cable box directly to the DAC as a test. He also said I'd get a little better sound that way. I tried it, but then the TV showed "no signal" and there was no sound on TV or media box. So my question is, is this really possible? The cable box manual says the Toslink can be run to an amplifier. Is the problem that this DAC is not one, even with the amplified speakers - http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Audioengine-D1 ? The cable box is a Pace DC700X, www.pace.com/documents/manuals/dc700x_manual.pdf . Another alternative would be a coax audio out, but the cable box RCAs look like analog and the only optical out is S/PDIF. Thanks,

1 - 1 of 1 Posts