AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an LG television, model 42LH40. An XBOX 360 and a Wii are connected to the TV. I have some Bose computer speakers that I'd like to use instead of the TV's speakers, but I'm not sure how to hook them up. The TV's only audio output is a digital audio out (optical), and the speakers have a 3.5 mm input.

I've found a TOSLINK to 3.5mm cord on Amazon, labeled: HOSA 3.5MM-TO-TOSLINK FIBER-OPTIC CABLE, 10 ft. TOSLINK to 3.5MM. This would be perfect if it would work, but from what I've been reading I think I may need some sort of converter. If this is the case, does anyone have a recommendation for such a converter? Or is there a better solution that I'm not seeing? Thanks!

(Sorry, I had links for the TV specs and the cable, but I can't post URLs because this is my first post.)

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Does the TV have a 3.5mm headphone out? It's a cheap and nasty solution that might work, just remember to have the volume set very low when first setting it up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, the TV doesn't have a headphone output. Unless I'm mistaken, the only output is the optical one. I'd rather not buy a receiver, either...I don't exactly have a whole lot of space in my current setup for another box.

Does anyone know anything about converters or the type of cord I mentioned?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts