AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey to all,

I need some help with my recent purchase.

I bought the Onkyo TXSR 604 about 3 weeks ago. I have my digital cable running to it with HDMI and then from the 604 to my Sony KDF-E42A10 with HDMI. First, I don't really like the fact that the receiver must be on in order for it to pass the video feed but that's neither here or there. Second, I get audio from my 5.1 with no problem but sometimes I just want to hear it through the tv. I am getting no audio to the tv whatsoever. I have a Scientific Atlanta HD-DVR and I am wondering if I need to hook up a pair of analog audio cables from it to the tv for the audio to be fed to it. What do you think?

·
Registered
7 Posts
On the setup menu on the receiver, number 8 "hardware configuration" includes a switch for HDMI Audio out. According to the manual, it comes switched off. If you switch it to "on," you're supposed to get HDMI audio through your TV. Otherwise it puts the HDMI audio through your speakers and just sends the image to your TV.

I use mine though a projector, so it's not an issue. But when I was trying to fix another problem last night, I came across that audio out switch . . .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.