AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 5100 swapped out about a month ago by the Comcast "tech". He took off the digital and side car box cables and hooked them up to the 5100 and then promptly walked out the door.

After reading numerous posts here about the SPDIF connections, I checked the back of the 5100 and saw that the "tech" hooked up the audio feed from the analog connection of the 5100 to the anolog connection on my receiver.

I imediately connected the SPDIF RCA connector from the 5100 to my receiver and what a difference!! All this time I was listening to HBO-HD in stereo, not 5.1! I thought something sounded strange, but until now, couldn't figure out why.

Thanks for all your great info on this site.

So just as a warning, make sure that the "tech" hooks up your SPDIF connections!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After hooking up the SPDIF connection and playing around with the different channels, I've come up with a strange thing.

All channels, HD and non-HD sound better with the appropriate spread of audio among the speakers. Voice comes mainly from the center speaker and the surrounds have the rest. BUT, when I change the channel to my local ABC station (Philadelphia) on the analog channel (6) the sound level goes up considerably and much more of the center channel is now heard through the surround speakers (the rear surround as well). When I go to any other local analog channel, the audio reverts back to the proper proportions again. Why is this only happening with ABC?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.