AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried a search, but I have a feeling the search engine isn't working properly. I'm trying to get some opinions on audio interconnects for DVD-Audio setup. I thought about using bettercables.com, but they want $80 for a .5M pair. OUCH! I'm not paying $240 for the 6 cables I need!

Anybody have any "affordable" recommendations? I'm looking in the $140 range for all 6 cables at 1M length. Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
You can get 3 pairs of Outlaw's PCA cables for $90, and they're supposed to be quite good. If you're looking for something even more affordable, you might want to check www.avcable.com

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Try PartsExpress. They sell Dayton brand cables. Very well made, nice thick yet flexible shielded cable with good quality gold-plated connectors. Dayton is a brand that a lot of pro studios use. Their 1.5' stereo cables are just $10.80 each (part #181-650), and their 3' cables are only a buck more (#181-652). So you can pick up 3 pr for 6 channels for less than $35. They have pictures on their web site, so you can take a look at them.

They offer the same cables with an additional video cable for only a slight markup ($13.40 for the 1.5', $14.40 for the 3'). If you had a need for a component video cable, just get these and use the 3 video cables for your component video. This way picking up 3 3' video cables would only cost another $8. Or get 6' or 12' cables. Or get them with the S-video cable option if you have need for S-video cables.

This company caters to speaker builders and pro studios, so they offer a lot of good quality cable at fair prices. No marketing hype and no accompanying markup.

Tom B.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.