AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

I've made the plunge and "cut the cord" and can not be more pleased. I am running media browser on a vista machine and have followed this guide to get everything all set up. I have a receiver that I will eventually bitstream to via S/PDIF (my receiver does not have hdmi). Until I get that all set up I've been running the audio through the hdmi directly to the flat panel lcd tv. It works fine and then every so often for no apparent reason I will get a lot of static. I tried many different things to try and fix it and nothing really works long term. The only thing that helps on a temporary basis is changing the audio source on the lcd tv (hdmi - digital - analog - back to digital). That stops it for a moment but it usually comes back.

Any help you can lend would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

·
Registered
11,442 Posts
What is the audio codec of the material you are playing? Maybe the bitrate is higher than the HDTV can handle? I would run digital audio via coax (or fiber if you must) to the digital input (orange one) on the AVR and play the audio that way as you have said you intent on doing anyhow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts