AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Am using WMC7 and Media Browser. Have downloaded some trailers (.mov). Some trailers play fine, others just blast high pitched noise at me (no video).

Looking at mediainfo, the files that work and the ones that don't work appear to have the same audio/video streams. However, when I run them through Graph Studio, the results are quite diffrent and explain why some don't play. Thing is, I don't understand why the Graph Studio results are different.

Trailers are played using the internal WMC player. I can play all the trailers directly in mpc-hc with no issues.

Can anyone help:

Terminator Salvation trailer plays fine:

Graph Studio:

Taken does not play fine:

Graph Studio:

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on here?

Thanks.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
got to give this a bump. Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I believe this happens with .mov files that contain SVQ3 video, when the file is parsed by Haali Media Splitter.

Solution that worked for me:

Get rid of Haali. Register the Gabest filters as the preferred splitter for .mov files. I think the MP4Splitter.ax. You can then set filter merit using the Win7DSFilterTweaker .

Download the Standalone MPC filters

I have the following MPC filters registered on my system.

MatroskaSplitter

MP4Splitter

MpcAudioRendererFilter

MPCVideoDec

MpegSplitter

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right, but the file that is being parsed with Haali (according to Graph Studio) plays fine. The one not using Haali is the issue - so I don't see how removing Haali will fix anything. Or am I misunderstanding you?

·
Registered
216 Posts
What I'm saying is if you get rid of Haali and use (register) the MPC filter/splitters instead then all your files will/should play in WMP just fine. Just uninstall Haali; you can always reinstall if you really need/want it.

I copied the aforementioned filters to a directory; ex. C:\\codecs.

Then registered each one like so, regsvr32 MP4Splitter.ax

Not the prettiest method but it did work wonders for me and my mix mash of video formats.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay, maybe I will give that a try tomorrow. It is just I have my actual mkv movies (1:1 bluray rips with FLAC) working perfectly, and I don't want to bugger that up. Am using mpc-hc as an external player for the mkv's.

Orignally (before this whole trailer issue) I was having issues with the mkv audio using the internal wmc player, where mpc worked flawlessly. maybe by registering the MpcAudioRendererFilter I can fix that issue. We'll see - maybe kill two birds with one stone.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Since you mentioned FLAC you can continue using FFDshow however, you might want to consider installing MadFLAC decoder if running Win7 32-bit. Then in FFDshow on the codec menu disable FLAC which will use MadFLAC instead. Graph Studio to confirm. This will get you HD quality audio and MadFLAC is the only way you are going to get 24-bit audio from FLAC.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
If it's an issue of the mov source/splitter, you don't have to uninstall Haali. To use MPC - MP4 Source for mov, register it by regsvr32.exe, then add the following registry key:

Code:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\\Media Type\\Extensions\\.mov]
"Source Filter"="{1365BE7A-C86A-473C-9A41-C0A6E82C9FA3}"
{3CCC052E-BDEE-408A-BEA7-90914EF2964B} is CLSID of MPC - MP4 Source.

BTW MPC HomeCinema uses QuickTime engine to play .mov file (so less trouble, higher CPU usage), unless you select DirectShow for .mov in Options > Player > Formats.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcell /forum/post/18232350

Since you mentioned FLAC you can continue using FFDshow however, you might want to consider installing MadFLAC decoder if running Win7 32-bit. Then in FFDshow on the codec menu disable FLAC which will use MadFLAC instead. Graph Studio to confirm. This will get you HD quality audio and MadFLAC is the only way you are going to get 24-bit audio from FLAC.

Yes, I am already using madflac and graph studio confirms it is being used when I play a mkv with flac.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx /forum/post/18232610

If it's an issue of the mov source/splitter, you don't have to uninstall Haali. To use MPC - MP4 Source for mov, register it by regsvr32.exe, then add the following registry key:

Code:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\\Media Type\\Extensions\\.mov]
"Source Filter"="{1365BE7A-C86A-473C-9A41-C0A6E82C9FA3}"
{3CCC052E-BDEE-408A-BEA7-90914EF2964B} is CLSID of MPC - MP4 Source.

BTW MPC HomeCinema uses QuickTime engine to play .mov file (so less trouble, higher CPU usage), unless you select DirectShow for .mov in Options > Player > Formats.

Thanks, I will give this a try first. When you say to register MPC - MP4 Source for mov, are you talking about MP4Splitter.ax?

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheare /forum/post/18233356

When you say to register MPC - MP4 Source for mov, are you talking about MP4Splitter.ax?

That's right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts