AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i've spent over 10 hrs trying to figure out why my denon avr 1910 receiver keeps dropping the audio stream when watching avi's and other videos.

Basically everything works fine for a few seconds, then the audio drops out. I have to restart the video and the audio will play fine for another few seconds,

then drop out again. This does NOT happen when i play blu rays, i am able to get the blue light to pop up (bitstreaming). No dropout there.

I also do not get dropout when playing music. It is very weird that my receiver stops playing sound only with videos.

I tried taking the hdmi from my hd 5450 and directly attaching it to my tv and the sounds works perfectly (albeit, only 2 channel on my tv), so i'm assuming it has to be the receiver.

I just don't understand what is happening!

Please help!!! I've tried everything, including new format of windows 7. I'm using the ATI drivers, with arcsoft Total media theater 3 (TMT3). I've even tried playing the videos in media center

with no change. Still drops out after few seconds of play.

Thanks so much in advance!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Have the same problem with my Denon AVR590 and HD5770. I also get repeating audio on all recorded TV but Blurays play fine.

I found that going into playback devices and unchecking allow applications to take exclusive control of this device in the advandced tab has helped considerably. I do still lose the first 1 to 3 seconds of audio tho when a recording is either just starting or when there has been a moment when there is no audio. Such as when watching the previews on a bluray, I'll lose the first 1-3 seconds of audio on the next preview etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts