AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung 37a550, which I love in terms of the image, remote control, price (got it on sale at $899). BUT there is no way to control the audio out via the TV. I am not looking for stellar audio, just better than built-in. I bought a pair of Bose PC speakers for $100, and they sound great -- as much bass and full sound as I am looking for. But I can't control the audio level through the Sammy.

Someone told me in another thread that their Vizio can control the audio-out level. Could I replace my Sammy a550 with a Vizio or another brand (LG, Sony) near this pricepoint for a 37" 1080p, and also get to control over the audio?

Which is the best 37" Vizio model? Is it the VO37LF? Of course, I'm not a warehouse club member, so I'll have to join just to get the TV

·
Registered
829 Posts
If you're using the headphone jack on the TV, you should be able to use the TV's volume control (as you have PC speakers, I assume they're using a headphone plug already). Is this not the case?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll forgot to try that, though the HF jack is on the side, so not great looking, but I'll try it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK. I'm embarrassed by my own thread. Any way to delete it? Audio is certainly controlled via the headphone jack. As Miss Emily Litella would say --- "never mind"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts