Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I stupid or was someone else stupid?

I have cables and power run through walls from the previous owner of the house. It appears to me as 3 component cables plus a 4th cable. Colors are Red, Yellow, Green and Blue if that matters to anyone. The four are in one bulk cable and the RCA connectors look pretty decent, but the connections look like they were made by the installer.

I will be hooking up my new 7UY tomorrow and need to know what to do about the Audio out from the Plasma. It seems like I'm one cable short (3 component + 2 audio outs). I do have the BNC adapters too. At least I figured that out!

Thanks

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
I'll bet there isn't supposed to be any audio on that cable set. Some video feeds have color signals on three cables, and synchs on the 4th (+ vertical, - horizontal, or vice versa). (Some split the synchs between a 4th and 5th cable.)

Why do you worry about Audio Out from the TV? Consider it a display-only device and route the audio independently.

·
Registered
224 Posts
maybe [the] one is for digital coaxial?

seems digital coax tends to be purple, but blue might be close enough...

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
The Red, Green, Blue are component

The Yellow is composite

Looks like the previous owner ran a component and composite to the display for different sources.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.