AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with Audio Physics speakers? I was pretty set on Paradigm but my dealer auditioned the Yara II Classics and I am forced to admit that they are better sounding to me (especially off axis) than the Paradigm SE 3 that I had been considering.

Cost wise they are in the ballpark with Paradigm but still a bit more expensive.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 /forum/post/19542632

Anyone have any experience with Audio Physics speakers? I was pretty set on Paradigm but my dealer auditioned the Yara II Classics and I am forced to admit that they are better sounding to me (especially off axis) than the Paradigm SE 3 that I had been considering.

Cost wise they are in the ballpark with Paradigm but still a bit more expensive.

AP is a big brand in Europe and they have been in the biz for quite a while, they just don't get as much attention / exposure here in the US as heavily marketed brands like Paradigm. If they sound better to your ears, then... they are better.
FWIW - I like both AP and Paradigm.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i went to CES in vegas for the past 2 years and stopped by the audio physics room. I was most impressed with the Scorpio II's. It not only looked wonderful but sounded awesome. I didnt care too much for the Yara's though. Maybe that was because they were a big dropoff IMO from the scorpio's.The bass was a little weak. It was hard for me to find a dealer in the states who would give me a significant discount on AP speakers so I went w/ something else.

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the demo I heard the Yara's were pretty good, getting down probably into the 30hz range. It was surprising to hear that much bass coming out of a compact tower speaker with no subwoofer.

I realize that I should buy what "sounds best" but when making a speaker purchase of $3,000 or so you also want to know that the manufacturer stands behind their product, etc.

The dealer is offering me 10% off and I can't find any other dealers so if I go with Audio Physics I will more or less have to pay full pop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.