AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a AMD XP+ 2600 with Creative Labs Audigy LS. I am running the sound through the S/DIF output into my receiver. Whenever I start a movie and the very first audio appears (like the Columbia TriStar Intro) I get a loud Audio Pop. The rest of the movie is fine, and when I pause and restart there are still no problems. Anyone experience this and have any ideas on how to fix this? As a short term solution I turn my reciever on after the movie starts, but this is annoying.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did have that exact problem with a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. I'm afraid my solution was getting a Chaintech AV-710. It is cheap and works fine with all digital sources (I had a problem with DTS not working as well.)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply EdGonzales, its just a momentary pop when audio first starts on my DVD player. I'm going to play with some more settings and see if I can fix the problem.

After the intial pop everything sounds great throughout the whole movie. Its just an annoyance to have to wait until the movie starts to turn on my receiver.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The only other suggestions I can make are check your audio filter in your DVD player app. You didn't say which one you were using but you can try to change the sample output rate or change the filter entirely if thats possible. I am using Zoomplayer with AC3Filter and you can change the sample rate in AC3Filter from 44.1 to 48. I assume you are using a coax SPDIF connection. Can you switch it to optical? The card may not have one built in but there is an inexpensive optical out available as long as the Audigy has pins for SPDIF out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi EdGonzales,

I was able to fix the problem by lowering the volume on the PC in Windows XP to nothing. Since the volume is controlled by my audio receiver, I am still getting the same volume out as before but with no inital audio pop. Thanks for your suggestion above.

I had the volume up midway on the PC and I believe that was causing the soundcard to amplify the signal causing the pop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.